NOTARY PUBLIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Each person appointed and commissioned as a notary public shall be:
- • At least 18 years of age.
- • A resident of the State of Texas.
- • Must not have been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
- • Complete and submit an application for appointment form to the Secretary of State, Notary Public Unit.
- • Provide a $10,000 surety bond, if required (state employees are exempt from the bond requirement).
- • Pay the $21 filing fee.
- • Take an oath of office before a notary public.
Print order form to Mail, Fax, or Secure Upload.
Print and complete the paperwork.
Send us your paperwork at one of the three ways below.
Application and Order Form:
Atkinson Bros. Agency
PO Box 2153
Crosby, TX 77532
Print & Complete
Application for Appointment as Texas Notary Public.
Texas State Application: