- The Notary Public Commission Application must be completed in its entirety.
- The full name must be completed exactly as documents will be notarized.
- The residence address must be completed with the applicant's current street address; PO BOX ADDRESSES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NONE should appear on the application in designated areas; N/A responses will not be accepted by the Florida Department of State.
Oath of Office
- Prior to signing the oath, applicant must read Chapter 117 of the Florida Statutes and attest that all duties, responsibilities, limitations, and powers of office are understood. Chapter 117 may be found at http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter117.
- Printed name and signature must appear exactly as documents will be notarized.
Affidavit of Character
- Affidavit must be completed in its entirety by a character witness that is NOT related to the applicant and has known the applicant for at least one year.
- Affidavit must be signed by the character witness.
- The name of the character witness must be printed or typed beneath the signature.
- Applicant's name must be printed or typed exactly as documents will be notarized on the line designated "Name of Applicant".
- Applicant must sign the bond exactly as documents will be notarized on the signature line marked with an X.
- Bond must NOT be dated.
First Time Applicants
- First time Florida notary applicants must submit proof that a minimum of three (3) hours of interactive or classroom instruction has been completed.
- Training must be completed no greater than one (1) year prior to application submission.
- Visit the Florida Notary Education Program at http://notaries.dos.state.fl.us/education/index.html for training instructions.